Northwest Senior Health & Wellness Center (Healthy Living OKC)
Oklahoma City, OK
Architect of Record: GSB, Inc. Architects
Services Provided by Lifespan Design Studio
- Architectural programming
- Consultation throughout design and construction
- Health and wellness focus with pool, gym, locker rooms, exercise studio, equipped fitness center, massage/PT room, health clinic, private consultation rooms
- Full spectrum of program types accommodated including arts, education, entertainment, cooking demonstrations, large group events, misc. recreation
- Design coordinated with the City’s operating partner
- High priority assigned to accommodating informal socialization
- Lobby café
Lifespan Design Studio (LDS) was selected with GSB Architects to complete programming and design for the first of five senior health and wellness centers to be constructed through the City’s innovative MAPS (Metropolitan Area Projects) program. The design team worked closely with the City and their operating partner, Healthy Living, Inc. to design a facility that accommodate a broad spectrum of recreational, educational, and arts activities, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center, warm water pool, exercise studio, gymnasium, clinic, and counseling offices.
LDS led the programming and conceptual design effort for the 42,000 SF facility, and continued to work closely with the full GSB design team throughout all phases of project completion to oversee the effective implementation of senior-friendly design concepts and product selection. LDS has been selected once again with GSB to design Senior Health & Wellness Center #4.
Images by Simon Hurst Photography