The Mirowitz Center and HJ’s Café
Covenant Place II Cahn Family Building
St. Louis, MO
Architect of Record: The Lawrence Group
Services Provided by Lifespan Design Studio
- Architectural programming
- Design consultation through design and construction
- Design to support a broad spectrum of recreation, socialization, fitness/wellness, educational and arts programs and services
- Address requirements for a commercial kitchen with separate kosher and non-kosher accommodations
- Provide open spaces to promote informal social connection
- Apply best practices in aging-friendly universal design
- Effectively support the requirements of onsite partners
Lifespan Design Studio (LDS) worked with Covenant Place, McCormack Baron Salazar Developers and The Lawrence Group in the design of a new 19,000 square foot senior center and commercial café on the main level of a new 102-apartment senior living residence. The state-of-the-art senior lifestyle center includes fitness amenities, an art studio, classrooms, flexible-use gathering spaces, and a welcoming public café with demonstration kitchen. Health services including geriatric primary care, physical therapy, hearing and speech support, footcare and more are accommodated through on-site partnerships.
HJ’s Café offers the public a range of fresh, made-to-order selections prepared in its non-kosher full-service kitchen or Vaad Hoeir supervised cholov stam dairy kosher kitchen. The Aging Ahead Meal at HJ’s provides a nutritious, donation-based option for adults over 60.
Photos by Suzy Gorman