125 LIVE! Center for Active Adults
Architect of Record: TSP, Inc.
Services Provided by Lifespan Design Studio
- Architectural programming
- Design consultation through design and construction for the new Active Adult Center and renovation of the adjacent Recreation Center
- Strong emphasis on fitness and wellness with exercise studio, large equipped fitness center, warm water pool, locker rooms, and wellness services suite
- Café space sized to accommodate a commercial partner/tenant
- Design to optimize benefits of collocation with existing multi-amenity recreation center
- Uncompromising commitment to aging-friendly universal design
Lifespan Design Studio (LDS) was selected with TSP, Inc. to design a new 50,000 square foot active adult center and renovations to the existing Rochester Recreation Center, to which it is attached. The state-of-the-art facility offers extensive fitness amenities, along with multiple art studios, classrooms, game rooms, a large, dividable assembly hall, and teaching/demonstration kitchen. Lounge spaces scattered throughout the two-story building encourage informal socialization before and after a generous schedule of lifelong learning, arts, fitness, and recreational program offerings for seniors and adults over 18. Tenant fit out space was incorporated for a future café, which will be open to the general public.
125 LIVE! and the improved Recreation Center share a connection to a new warm water pool, adjacent to the existing competition pool. An interior corridor network was configured to support and encourage indoor walking throughout the massive combined facility.
Images by Peter J. Seiger